Walt Disney World ICP - Packing
Over the past week I have packed and repacked, and repacked my suitcase again in order to get it to a decent weight as I don't fancy paying excess baggage.
In total in my 23kg hold luggage I have managed to carry with me the following:
- Duvet (wrapped tightly)
- Pillowcase and Bedding
- Beach towel /emergency shower towel
- Underwear x 8
- Socks x 10 (black and white as I won't know what I'll need till I get there)
- Medication - stuff like paracetamol, etc can be very expensive in America
- Ethernet Cables
- T-shirts and vests x 16 - vacuum packed
- Vests to sleep in
- Shorts x 4 - vacuum packed
- Smart shirts x 3
- Smart shoes
- Smart pair of trousers
- Swimming trunks x 2
- Flip Flops
- Raser and blades
- Some toiletries
- 1 pair of trainers (and I'll wear one pair when travelling so 2 will be enough for me!)
All in all, it has comfortably filled a 99-litre suitcase and has weighed in at 22.1kg. I won't be adding anymore just in case my scales are inaccurate.
For those of you reading this blog and packing for the same trip. Don't forget you're only going for 9 weeks and you'll be in work clothes a lot of the time anyway!
My biggest tip has to do with toiletries. I have got mini versions of everything just in case I can't get to Walmart that first night. Originally my toiletries alone weighed nearly 2kg and I got them down to about 850g. I then have put most of these in my hand luggage as they are under 100ml each and only the bigger things have stayed in the hold luggage.
Also you don't need more than 2 pair of shoes, a pair of smart shoes and flip flops really. You really don't. No one is going to judge you on your fashion sense when out in the theme parks.
I decided to take my bedding with me as I didn't fancy carrying a huge duvet with me along with all my food from Walmart on my arrival day, so I'll only need to buy a pillow. Hopefully this all works out fine and makes life easier.
In my carry-on luggage I am taking:
- Folder with all documentation, incl. paperclip to change sim cards on board for iPhones
- Laptop and charger
- iPad Mini
- A Book
- A hoody
- A change of socks and underwear as I'll be doing Twilight Checkin the night before at Gatwick.
- A T-shirt for the reasons above.
- In my wallet I'll also have my US dollars card and my US sim card.
Everything's packed. 36 hours till takeoff. Let me on the plane already!
Next post: Walt Disney World ICP - Day Zero - Overnight in Gatwick