Favourite moments of being a Cast Member at Disneyland Paris
There were a lot of highlights throughout the two-and-a-bit weeks. Here they are:
- Traditions and touring the park
- Getting my nametag!!
- Noora shouting "Tu n'es pas Indiana Jones!" Although this is not a Disney character, it was so random and the parks are such a character-orienteed atmosphere that it really made me laugh at the time
- Watching Fantillusion countless times - it never gets old - and dancing along with Eilidh once I knew the dances haha.
- Our nightly BTM sessions for the first 5 days or so.
- Space Mountain: Mission 2 - love it! Shame I only did it twice whilst there!
- Singing just "Like We Dreamed It" at the end of the parade in Town Square and on Main Street with Eilidh - I'm sure this is THE stand-out moment I will never forget.
- The snow on Main Street
- Being backstage and seeing the logistics of everything - it's a whole different world back there!
- Seeing the Eiffel tower for the first time.
- "Nettoyage en course" toilet magic!
- Those late nights in the kitchen with the crew - Francesca, Katy, Jamie, Alwyn, Stefano, including Francesca knocking to wake me up knowing full well I was asleep haha. Lots of conversations about our terrible English and about how me and Alwyn over-use the word "awkward." Awkward.
- The staff on Casey/Story and Fantasyland in general were brilliant! Enchante as you say!
- My birthday evening with Lisette, Marine and Eilidh when we went on the rides and my birthday party afterwards including Fran's awesome cake.
- Dumbo in the rain! With no queue!
- Andrew's "C'est, like, 12 euros" scouse story. Possibly the funniest thing ever!
- Andrew crapping himself when we were almost ran over by Fantillusion that night.
- La Boisserie party - despite the ending.... the party itself was brilliant
- The questions from guests - Everything from: "Ou est le McDo?" to "Ou est la Sortie?" and even "Qu'est-ce que c'est Disneyland et qu'est ce qu'il y a pour faire ici?"
- Seeing other Cast Members I know - whether it be when Eilidh and Andrew or when Jamie and his family came to my ride or when I'm in the park as a guest and get to talk to people like Marie on Pinocchio or Alison at Colonel Haiti's - it's always fun to see people you know.
Not strictly a favourite moment but thanks to everyone who's been reading the blog - in fact I've had over 3000 views on the Disney articles alone over the past two weeks. Hope you enjoyed them!